What is Boost?
Boost allows you to give a burst of exposure to one selected photo in a challenge.
Boosts are locked throughout the challenge and unlock during a random day in the challenge for 24 hours only.
In order to use your free boost you must be in the "My-Challenges" page on the day the random boost unlocks and use it.
* Note: you can only boost once per challenge.
** The Boost feature works over time - it doesn't mean you will receive more votes the moment you use it.*** Like any other feature, your photo will get more exposure but still needs other members to vote for it.
**** The Boost only unlocks after the first three days of the challenge and prior to the last three days. Anyone joining in the last 3 days will not receive a free boost unlock!
I missed the boost unlock day, what to do?
If you missed the boost unlock period, you can unlock boosts using keys that can either be purchased or accumulated according to challenge participation.
Missing the boost will be indicated by a message in the challenge and the "!" icon on the boost button.
The Boost button will indicate the status of the boost in each specific challenge.
The boost button has 3 different states:
* When Boost is available, the button will flicker indicating you are good to go! See below:
How to unlock Boost?
Once you have a key, you can unlock the boost for a specific challenge and choose when to use it:
How do i know the image is boosting?
Once you've selected the photo to boost, you will see the boost indicator glowing on your photo in "My Challenges" page.
Once boost has ended, you will see a small boost icon in the top left corner:
Should I unlock boost or wait for the free unlock period?
All members in every challenge get a boost unlocked on a different random day.
Unlocking with keys allows you to gain control on when you choose to use boost in that challenge.
- For every challenge entered- the participant is given one Boost period that can be applied to one photograph entered in that challenge.
- The Boost period lasts 24 hours- but is limited to a specific number of views
- The Boost period is free in the automated mode, which occurs once, randomly, during the challenge time frame. However, the participant must visit their challenge board and activate the free Boost. The Free Boost is ready for activation when the “Boost Button” flashes.
- A participant can manually activate the Boost session, at any time during the challenge, with a “Key”.
- Keys are acquired, for free, through challenge participation and by meeting goals within that challenge, or they can also be purchased.
- To activate the Boost period with a Key, you simply click the “Boost Button” and then click the “Unlock Button”. The Boost button will become illuminated and you are ready to Boost one photo.
- Click the Boost Button. The four photos, entered into that particular challenge, are presented. Select the photo that you wish to Boost.
- That photograph will now have the “Boost Rocket” blinking over the image thumbnail during the Boost period.
- When the Boost period is over- the rocket will remain over the image to indicate that the Boost, for that particular challenge, has been use
1. The Boost period can be free as long as you visit your challenge page during the 24-hour window, and you activate it.
2. The Boost is limited to a set number of views.
3. You can unlock the Boost at any time during the challenge with a Key.
4. Keys are acquired through meeting challenge goals or purchasing them.
5. **Important** - The Boost only unlocks after the first three days of the challenge and prior to the last three days.
Anyone joining in the last 3 days will not receive a free boost unlock!